Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 19 May 2015

21 Things That I've Learnt In 21 Years


With it being my 21st birthday next week (god, I'm getting old!,) I wanted to post something a little different here on my blog. Of course, you are used to seeing the more superficial side of me - what with this being a predominantly beauty & fashion site - but I wanted to write something just a little more personal than usual. In my 21 years of my life so far, I have learnt a lot of valuable lessons that I think maybe rather helpful or relatable to some of you. So today, I decided to jot them down. I hope you enjoy them!

1. Good friends will always stick around. Even when you are all busy living your lives and growing up, you will come back together again and it will be as if nothing has changed.

2. Not everybody is going to like or understand you but it's okay because as long as you and your loved ones have accepted you, nobody else matters.

3. Do not follow the crowd or give in to peer pressure. Just because it seems like everybody else is doing something, it doesn't mean that you have to as well!

4. Being in love for the first time is worth waiting for. Don't worry if all of your friends have had boyfriends and have experienced those things before you. Your time will come and it will be worth waiting for!

5. Having an anxiety disorder does not mean that your life is over. You will still smile, be happy and have fun. The down days are only temporary and things will get better! 

6. Enjoy the little things! Sometimes we get so distracted by the bigger things going on that we forget to appreciate the simpler joys in life.

7. You can say 'no' to something if you want to! Sometimes its okay to be a little selfish and put what you want to do first.

8. When you're young and people tell you that school will be the best years of your life, they are right (regardless of how awful it seems at the time.) 

9. Your parents will always be your number one supporters, no matter how much your argue and disagree with each other!

10. Comparing yourself to others is never a healthy thing. It will only ever bring you down and damage your self-confidence and self-worth.

11. When something occurs that feels like its going to be the end of the world, it's not. In a few years time, you will look back on that situation and probably laugh about it. 

12. Do not put so much pressure on yourself. We are only human and we shouldn't be so quick to beat ourselves up.

13. Ask for help when you need it. Do not feel embarrass if you cannot accomplish something on your own, you don't need to be independent all of the time.

14. Put down your phone every now and again. Switching off and connecting with who you're with and your surroundings is such a lovely thing to do.

15. Having money is not the be all and end all. In the long run love, family & friends are way more valuable than the pennies in your pocket!

16. Success isn't necessarily determined by whether you are rich or have a good career. Success comes in many different forms.

17. What you may see as a flaw, others around you might find rather endearing. Embrace your uniqueness!

18. Change is inevitable, no matter how much you try and fight it. All you can do is try to adapt to a new situation the best that you can.

19. Compliments really can make somebody's entire day!

20. Be kind and respectful at all times. You never know what somebody is going through behind closed doors.

21. And lastly, BE YOURSELF!

I hope you all enjoyed reading about the 21 things that I have learnt so far before hitting the big 21 next Thursday! I know that this was a different post to the ones that you are used to from me but I really enjoyed being a little more creative and mixing it up a little! Please let me know if you think that I should create some more content like this in the future by leaving a comment down below. Also, don't forget to share some of the life lessons that you have learnt too!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie, I really wanted to try out something different with this post :) xx

      Delete