Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Real Techniques' Eye Starter Set


Hi guys. For Christmas, I received this lovely Real Techniques brush set from my parents. After buying my first Real Techniques brushes (the Core Collection) back in 2013, I have been a huge fan of the brand due to its high quality yet affordable products. I asked for the eye starter set in order to accompany the Naked 2 palette that I knew I was also going to be receiving from my parents. Up until now, I have been a winged liner girl and I haven't experimented with eyeshadow too much for the fear of not being to have a perfectly blended smoky eye like all of the girls I look up to and watch on YouTube - including Pixiwoo themselves!

However, since this set has come into my life, it has made applying and blending out my new and beloved Naked 2 palette an absolute breeze! So today, I thought that I would do a little review of the Starter Set (which retails at £21.99) and tell you what I think about each brush so far!
Deluxe Crease Brush - This aptly named brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow into the crease of your eye to create more depth and definition. The brush is also great for seamlessly blending each colour into another. My only qualm with this brush is that it is slightly large for my eye shape, which means that it is sometimes hard to blend precisely and keep the colour exactly where you want it to be.

Base Shadow Brush - The base eyeshadow brush is brilliant at packing colour onto your lid before you blend it out. It allows your eyeshadow to be densely applied all over the eyelid, so the product is always evenly distributed. 

Accent Brush - This brush is excellent for adding eyeshadow on your lower lash line or in the inner corners of your eye. It's small size means that you can add colour where you need it precisely, which means that you can include subtle details into your look.

Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush - This eyeliner brush is very thin, so it is perfect to use in conjunction with a gel eyeliner to get a precise line. It's pixel point tip means that you can create the thinnest of lines but you can also build up your liner to make it thicker depending on what type of look you are doing that day. My only wish is that the bristles were a bit stiffer so that you feel like you have more control when applying the product.

Eyebrow Brush - Unfortunately, the eyebrow brush is the only brush in the set that I am yet to use. This is because I do not currently have a matte eyeshadow or brow gel to use with it! However, from what I have heard by fellow bloggers, this brush is perfectly angled to fill in your brows accurately whilst making them look as natural as possible. 



Overall, I am very impressed with this eye starter set. So far, I would give it a 10/10! It has everything a beginner would need to allow you to experiment with different eyeshadow looks and blend them out perfectly. As well as this, the set also comes with a holder for your brushes, so it's great to travel with too!

What do you think of these brushes? Have you got the starter set too? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. I have this set and love each brush! They are so soft! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you love them just as much as I do :) x

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about it, i will definately gonna try to get them! Nice post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely as good as you hear Monika :) thank you for reading xx

      Delete