Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 31 October 2014

My Top 3 Autumn Lip Colours


Ever since I can remember, I have been a huge fan of bold lip colours. I really believe that a statement lip can really take your make-up look to the next level. My make-up always feels incomplete and bland unless I have a pop of colour on my pout! Now that we are now into autumn and winter, one of the most obvious and popular trends out there is berry lips. So today, I thought that I would share my top three favourite autumn lip colours with you all. I hope you enjoy! 

Rimmel Provocalips Lip Colour in Kiss Fatal - £6.99
First up is the newest addition to my lip product collection. I went out and bought this product on the very first day that it was released because I was really intrigued about the claims Rimmel were making. The whole Provocalips range claims to be kiss proof and transfer proof, which I completely agree with - this stuff does not budge! It's two steps of applying the colour and then the top coat is a genius idea and it really locks everything into place. 'Kiss Fatal' is a gorgeous purple/mauve shade with brown undertones and is even more intense than my swatch shows below! This is one of my favourite products to wear at the moment due to its unique shade and impressive longevity. You have to give it a try!

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dark Night Waterl-oops! - £6.49
Next on my list is this stunning lipstick, again from Rimmel London. 'Dark Night Water-loops!' is a super dark and intense plum colour that is one step up from one of the most talked about Moisture Renew lipsticks, 'Sloane's Plum.' The formulation of this product is one of the other main reasons as to why I love it so much, it is so creamy and moistursing! In addition, this product will not make any dry or flaky patches look obvious, which can often happen when you opt for bold lips. I highly recommend 'Dark Night Water-loops!' to anyone who is a fan of rich and almost gothic looking shades, as this one certainly packs a punch!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush - £7.99
Last but not least is the product that first got me into berry coloured lips, Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. This beautiful lip crayon allows you to get the same effect of a statement lip whilst being a little bit sheerer than the lip stain and lipstick that I have mentioned above. 'Crush' is a great product for beginners who are just venturing out into the world of darker lip colours. It is a classic berry shade that suits every skin tone and is incredibly easy to apply! Another great factor to this product is that it is also a balm, which means that it is moistursing and does not dry out your lips in anyway. This crayon will always be a firm favourite of mine (I've already gotten through almost two,) so I highly recommend it to all of you as well!

(Shades from top to bottom: Kiss Fatal, Dark Night Water-loops!, Crush)

So, those are my top three favourite lip colours for autumn. Berry shades are bang on trend at this time every year and I absolutely love them! Which out of the three products above do you like the look of most? Have you used any of them before? What is your go to autumn lip colour? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shades, i love berry tones x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, me too! It's one of my favourite shades to wear x

      Delete
  2. Crush looks especially beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely Jennie, one of my all time favourites! Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete