Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 28 August 2014

Lush's Dark Angels Cleanser


Hi guys. Today I am reviewing one of my favourite skincare products from Lush Cosmetics; Dark Angels. After only having used Lush's bath products in the past, on a trip to my local store a few months ago I was interested to have a little look around and see what else the store had to offer. With some help from a lovely sales assistant, I walked away with a tub of the Ultrabland cleanser (review here) and a tester of Dark Angels that she thought I would also enjoy. After using up every little scrap of the tester and seriously loving the results, I knew I had to go back and buy the full size version... and now I have finally got my hands on it!

Dark Angels is a charcoal based cleanser that also has great exfoliating qualities. Therefore, I find that this product is perfect for my skin type as I have oily skin that is also prone to dry patches. The reason for this is that charcoal is a well-known ingredient for balancing out oily/combination skin and combating shine. Another main ingredient in Dark Angels is black sugar, which again helps to exfoliate the skin alongside the charcoal. Also, as scrubbing your skin can sometimes leave it feeling stripped or sensitive, avocado oil has also been added to the product to inject some moisture back into your skin and to soften it a little.

To use the product, all you have to do is get a small amount of it on to your hand and then add a little bit of water until it forms a paste, and then apply it in circular motions to your skin. Due to the fact that Dark Angels is an exfoliant and can be abrasive, I tend to be very gentle when applying it and I also avoid going to close to the skin around my eyes, which is extremely sensitive. I also like to apply a rich moisturiser after rinsing Dark Angels off of my skin for an extra hit of hydration too. I always use this product at night time before bed and when I wake up the next morning, I am always super pleased with the results. My skin looks clearer, fresher and a lot less oily!


The only downfall to this product in my opinion is that it can be incredibly messy to use. Little bits of charcoal and murky grey water seem to find their way all around my sink,which is a little bit annoying but it can easily be wiped or washed away. However, despite this, I think that it is a small price to pay considering how amazing the product is!

Overall, I cannot recommend Dark Angels enough! It is an excellent 2-in-1 product that offers a deep cleanse and exfoliation all in one. It is great at balancing out oiliness, clearing up blemishes and just generally refreshing and renewing your skin! Although it may be a little messy to use, it is extremely worth it for the results that you can see just after one use. Plus, a little goes a long way and so this product is great value for money too.

Dark Angels comes in two sizes; 100g for £6.40 and 25g for £16.00, which you can buy in any Lush store or on their website here.

2 comments:

  1. I've always been interested about this product but the messyness put me off. Although you may have convinced me to give it another look! Great post lovely.

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) I definitely recommend it if you can overlook the messiness! xx

      Delete