Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 27 June 2014

Garnier's Summer Body Moisturising Lotion


Hi guys. I have never really been a fan of fake-tanning before because I find the process so laborious and time-consuming, plus most products that I have used have never lived up to my expectations. Either the end result is too light or too dark, or from time to time, patchy. However, I am a big fan of moisturisers like this one from Garnier, as it builds up a natural colour over time rather than you going from a milk bottle to a bronzed goddess overnight. This product is also a great alternative for beginners or fake tan novices, as it is less daunting to use and gives a more subtle finish. So today, I thought that I would do a little review of this product sharing what I think of it. Let's get started!

Garnier's Summer Body Moisturising Lotion is a mix between a body lotion and a gradual tanner which leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturised for over 12 hours. Summer Body comes in two shades so that it can cater for all different skin tones. The light lotion is suitable for those with pale to fair skin and claims to leave you with a light sunkissed look, whereas the darker version gives a deeper colour and is best suited to those with medium, olive or darker skin tones. The great thing about this product is that you can control how often you use it and therefore, you can control the end result too. Using the lotion for a day or two will enable you to get a noticeable colour and a healthy glow, or alternatively you can use the lotion for longer if you want to build up the intensity of the tan.

I opted for the lighter version as my skin tone is fair and even after one application, I got amazing results. My skin had a noticeable light tanned colour to it which was not overly orange (something that I know a lot of people worry about!) The colour was perfect for me and so I decided that I did not need to bother with a second application the following night! Although you would usually use your hands to apply lotion, I would suggest using a tanning mitt instead like you would if you were applying a proper fake tan product. Not only will this give you a much more even result, you will also avoid getting orange hands. The only thing you will need to bear in mind is that the lotion does go on clear, so take care not to miss any patches!


The other great thing about this product is that it does not have your typical fake tan smell, which can often have a 'biscuit-y' scent. Summer Body contains natural apricot extracts which means that the lotion is fruity and a lot more pleasant to apply than the likes of St Moritz and so on. Even though the moisturiser has a fast absorption and drying time, I still like to wait a little while before I get dressed just to be on the safe side. I usually apply this at night time too, so that I can then throw on some loose pyjamas to go to bed in. I have also applied this to my face (mixed in with a bit of my normal moisturiser) and have never encountered any problems whether it be clinging to dry patches or clogging up my pores/causing spots. I know that there are tanning products that particularly targeted to tanning your face but this method does the trick for me - and it's cheaper!

Overall, this is a great product to use if you want to gradually build up colour until you are happy with its intensity. It is both moisturising and simple to use, which means it is fuss free and does not take too long to apply. Plus, it smells divine so this lotion is an absolute winner in my books and I would highly recommend it! What do you think of this product? Have you tried it before? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

Garnier Summer Body retails at around £5.10 for a 250ml bottle and is widely available from drugstores and supermarkets.

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried this before but your review sold it to me! I've been looking for something like this, especially one where you can use on your face! :)

    The Sunday Chapter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that my review has helped you out Angela :) I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never used it before until about 5 minutes ago.. I just used some of my sisters :)
    So I thought I should comment!
    I agree about the more fruity smell, the smell of fake tan can be so off putting but this is quite nice!
    Hopefully by tomorrow morning I should have a nice glow :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is so pleasant to apply because of the smell :) let me know how it turns out Isabel :) xxx

      Delete