Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Boots 3 for 2 | No7 and Revlon


Hi guys, yesterday I popped into Boots whilst I was in town with my Mum and I just couldn't resist their current 3 for 2 offer on make-up, skincare and haircare. I'm not too sure how long the deal is running for, so I would get in quick if I were you! Knowing that I am pretty set on skincare at the moment and have a solid routine, as well as not being into haircare very much - I decided to head straight for the the make-up aisle. It took me absolutely ages to decide on what to buy because there are some amazing products out right now. However, I finally settled on an old favourite in the form of No7's Extreme Length Mascara and two Revlon lip products that caught my eye. I am extremely happy with my purchases and so, here is a little review of what I think of them so far.

No7 Extreme Length Mascara in Black - £12.50
First up is an old favourite of mine that I discovered near the end of 2012. As I am a girl with very fine, short and sparse lashes, I find it extremely difficult to find a mascara that I like and that actually works well. With that in mind, this mascara does the trick for me even though I had forgotten about it for a long time after discovering Benefit's 'They're Real'. This mascara gives my lashes a lot of length (as the name suggests,) although it does lack on the volume front, so I tend to team it with another mascara to get that perfect lash effect. The small, rubber wand is perfect for making sure that you coat even the smallest of lashes and get right in to those corners. Overall, I highly recommend this product for those with similar lashes to mine. However, I do think I still prefer my Benefit mascara due to it giving that slight bit of volume that the No7 one lacks.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Kiss Me Coral - £6.99
Next up is the product that I was most excited about. I have been hearing great things about this lip gloss range for a while, yet I have never got around to trying it until now. 'Kiss Me Coral' is a beautiful, you guessed it, coral shade which contains lots of tiny glitter particles. I think that this is such a perfect lip colour to wear in spring/summer, which is fast approaching. Not only is the formulation not sticky, the pigmentation of this gloss is great too. I cannot tell you how many times I have bought a coral lip gloss that looks amazing in the packaging, to get home and realise it almost looks transparent on the lips! The only qualm I have with this product is that the doe foot applicator is pretty small and does not hold a lot of product, which means that I have to dip it in a few times to get enough gloss to coat my lips. However, when the colour is this gorgeous, it's a small price to pay!

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical - £7.99
Last but not least is one of Revlon's recently released lacquer balms. After having bought one of the matte balms in the collection, Standout, which you can read about here - I decided it was only right for me to try out a lacquer as well. 'Whimsical' is a gorgeous berry pink/purple shade with lots of glitter running through it which gives a lovely effect, although it does feel a little grainy on your lips at times. This colour in particular is a little sheer but with a few coats, it can be built up to quite an opaque colour. As with all of the Revlon balms, Whimsical has a subtle peppermint fragrance which in turn does tingle on the lips when first applied. Although the balms are not as long lasting as the matte ones, it does stay on for around 4 hours and leaves your lips with a nice stain once the shininess has worn away. I love this product and I will certainly be buying more in the future! 

I hope you all enjoyed reading about what I purchased as part of Boots' 3 for 2 deal. Have you taken advantage of this deal yet? Have you tried any of these products before? Please let me know in the comments below :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I think I might try the Revlon Whimsical balm. I have the TopShop lipstick in a 'Whimsical' shade and they're nothing a like which makes me laugh :p x

    http://iisforiz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely and haha, that is so funny how different they are - I just looked it up! Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete