Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Rimmel's New Colour Rush Lip Crayon

(Shades from left to right: Rumour Has It, Give Me A Cuddle, Drive Me Nude, Keep Mauving, Not An Illusion, On Fire, The Redder The Better)

As well all know, chubby sticks have taken the beauty world by storm this year and over the past few months, it has become a pretty saturated market. We have Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balms, Bourjois' Colour Boost Lip Crayons, Clinique's Chubby Sticks... I could go on and on. However, whilst browsing in my local Superdrug today, I remembered that I needed to re-purchase my Rimmel Stay Matte powder as I accidentally dropped it and it has since smashed into smithereens. When I approached the Rimmel stand, I saw that Superdrug had a 'Buy One Get One Half Price' offer and so I couldn't resist having a little look for a new product to try out. This is when I stumbled across the new Colour Rush Lip Crayons. As a devoted fan of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balms, (especially the gorgeous berry shade called Crush,) I knew that I had to try this version.

I hadn't heard anything about this product until today and after doing a touch of research upon my return home, this product was only released in stores about two weeks ago. However, I am surprised that I have not seen a single advertisement for this lip crayon yet. This product comes in a total of seven shades, all of which are absolutely lovely but one shade in particular jumped out to me almost instantaneously.

I opted for the deep pink colour from the range called 'Rumour Has It.' What struck me most about the product is the formula, it is so moisturising and does not dry out your lips in the slightest. I swatched all seven shades in the shop (I probably should have taken a photo but I didn't have my camera on me) and all of them are highly pigmented and buildable. Also, I think that all the colours quite versatile as they can be muted down a little if necessary for during the day time, or amped up for the evening by layering a few coats on to the lips. Another aspect of the product that I really enjoyed was the scent. I cannot quite put my finger on what the scent is, possibly something similar to cocoa butter, but I love it nonetheless. 

Overall, after only using this product for the first time today, I am a huge fan of it already.  From what I can tell so far, it is very long-lasting and moisturising. I recommend that you go into your local drugstore and try out this product for yourself, I guarantee you will not be disappointed! 

6 comments:

  1. Think every brand is releasing their own 'Chubby Stick' haha. These looks lovely and pigmented though, may have to go have a look!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a true statement Belle haha :) I do recommend them! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, we were wondering when Rimmel were going to hop on this bandwagon - very pleased they have! The Redder The Better looks especially nice :)

    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, The Redder The Better will definitely be the shade I try next. Either that or Keep Mauving. Thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete
  4. I am in love with lip crayons at the moment, especially the Bourjois Colour Boost! These Rimmel ones sound great, I'll definitely go have a look at them :)

    I really enjoy your blog and would like to nominate you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more about the tag and the questions on my blog:

    thingstatiana.blogspot.com

    xxx
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tatiana, thank you so much for nominating me :) I have actually already done a Liebster award post but I have answered your questions by commenting on your blog post! Thank you :) xxx

      Delete